Alford Coal Supplies Ltd is committed to respecting your privacy. In general, you can visit Alford Coal Supplies without revealing any information about yourself. We do collect information regarding visitors to our Web site. Some information is required in order to process orders, for example. We analyze this data for trends and statistics to help us provide you with a better service.
Here at Alford Coal Supplies Ltd we are committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of your personal data. This privacy notice explains how your data is collected, used, transferred and disclosed by Alford Coal Supplies Ltd. It applies to data collected when you use our website, when you interact with us through social media, email, or phone. It covers:
- The personal data we collect
- How we collect your data
- How we use your data
- Marketing preferences, adverts and cookies
- Your rights
- Changes to this privacy notice
- How to contact us
The personal data we collect
Personal data means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include anonymised data, where the identity and identifying information has been removed.
- Identity Data includes information such as: first name, last name and title.
- Contact Data includes information such as: email address, billing address, delivery address, location, country, telephone number.
- Financial Data includes information such as: payment card details and bank account.
- Transaction Data includes information such as: details of your purchases and the fulfilment of your orders (such as basket number, order number, subtotal, title, currency, discounts, shipping, number of items, product number, single item price, category, tax etc.); payments to and from you and details of other products and services you have obtained from us, correspondence or communications with you in respect of your orders, and details of any rewards and bonuses awarded.
- Profile Data includes information such as: purchases or orders made by you, product and style interests, preferences, feedback, and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information such as: how and when you use our website/app, what you searched for; website/app performance statistics, traffic, location, weblogs and other communication data.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes information such as: your preferences in receiving marketing from us.
How we collect your data
Direct interactions – you may give us your Identity, Contact, Financial, Transaction, Profile, and Marketing and Communications data (as described above) by filling in forms, entering information online or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email, telephone or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide, for example, when you:
Create an account or purchase products on our website;
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Contact us with an enquiry or to report a problem (by phone, email, social media, or messaging service);
Third parties – we may receive personal data about you from various third parties, including:
Technical Data from third parties, including analytics providers such as Google. Please see further information in the section entitled ‘Marketing preferences, adverts and cookies’.
Technical Data from affiliate networks through whom you have accessed our website;
Identity and Contact Data from social media platforms when you log in to our website using such social media platforms;
Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services.
How we use your data
The legal basis for processing your personal data
We will only collect and process your personal data where we have a legal basis to do so. As a data controller, the legal basis for our collection and use of your personal data varies depending on the manner and purpose for which we collected it.
We will only collect personal data from you when:
we have your consent to do so, or we need your personal data to perform a contract with you. For example, to process a payment from you, fulfil your order or provide customer support connected with an order, or the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights, or we have a legal obligation to collect or disclose personal data from you.
Uses made of your personal data
Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest:
- To create an account and register you as a new customer.
- Identity Contact Performance of a contract with you
- To process and deliver your order including: recording your order details; keeping you informed about the order status; process payments and refunds, collect money owed to us; and assist fraud prevention and detection.
- Identity Contact Financial Transaction
- Performance of a contract with you
- Necessary for our legitimate interests (e.g. to recover debts due to us)
- To manage our relationship with you, including: providing you with any information, products and services that you request from us; notifying you about changes to our services, terms and conditions or privacy notice; asking you to leave a review or take a survey.
- Marketing and Communications
- Performance of a contract with you
- Necessary for our legitimate interests (to keep our records updated and to study how customers use our products and services)
- To enable you to take part in a competition, event, survey, or receive a reward for shopping with us.
- Identity Contact profile Usage
- Marketing and Communications - Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products and services, to develop them and grow our business)
- Where you have decided to enter into a competition or event, for the performance of a contract with you
- To administer, protect and improve our business and our website/app, including: troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, data analysis, reporting and hosting of data; setting default options for you, such as language and currency.
Marketing and Communications
Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, and to detect and prevent fraud)
Necessary to comply with a legal obligation
To deliver relevant website content, online advertisements and information for you; and measure the effectiveness of the advertising provided.
Marketing and Communications
Technical Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products and services, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy)
To use data analytics to: improve our website, products, services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences; and for market research, statistical and survey purposes.
Necessary for our legitimate interests (to define types of customers for our products and services, to keep our website updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy)
To recommend products, services discounts and offers that may be of interest to you, including to send you such information by email, post or SMS.
Identity Marketing and Communications
See further details in the section ‘Marketing preferences, adverts and cookies'
Necessary for our legitimate interests (to develop our products and services and grow our business) or Consent.
To inform or remind you by email of any task carried out via our website which remains uncompleted, such as incomplete orders or abandoned baskets. Identity Contact
Usage Necessary for our legitimate interests (to improve the shopping experience of our customers)
Marketing preferences, adverts and cookies
We may send you marketing communications and promotional offers:
if you have opened an account with us or purchased goods from us, or registered for a promotion or event, and you have not opted out of receiving that marketing (in accordance with your preferences, as explained below);
by email if you have signed up for email newsletters;
We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Transactional, Usage, Profile Data and Marketing and Communications Data to form a view on what we think you may like, or what may be of interest to you, and to send you details of products and offers which may be relevant for you.
You will always have full control of your marketing preferences. If you do not wish to continue receiving marketing information from us at any time:
you can unsubscribe or ‘opt-out’ by using the unsubscribe button and following the link included in any marketing email; or
account holders may withdraw their consent by simply logging in to My Account and editing your 'Preferences’.
We will process all opt-out requests as soon as possible, but please note that due to the nature of our IT systems and servers it may take a few days for any opt-out request to be implemented.
How we share your data
We do not, and will not, sell any of your personal data to any third party – including your name, address, email address or credit card information. We want to earn and maintain your trust, and we believe this is absolutely essential in order do that.
However, we share your data with the following categories of companies as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you, as set out in this statement.
Companies that do things to get your purchases to you, such as payment service providers, order packers, and delivery companies
Professional service providers, advertising partners and website hosts, who help us run our business
Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies, so we can help tackle fraud
You have a lot of rights relating to your personal information:
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used (like this notice!)
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you
- The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances
- The right to stop direct marketing messages, which you can do through My Account, and to withdraw consent for other consent-based processing at any time
- The right to request that we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another service provider
- The right to complain to your data protection regulator — in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office
Changes to this privacy notice
From time to time we may change this privacy notice. If there are any significant changes we will post updates on our website, applications or let you know by email.
How to contact us
Tel: 01507 466211